Rotary Club of Lincoln - History.

The Rotary Club of Lincoln was Chartered in 1922 as club number 87 of Rotary International of Great Britain and Ireland. The Club is in the District 1270 (Yorkshire and Lincolnshire.)

The time line below shows the development of the club over the past eight odd years. For a more detailed history you can download this article about "The First Seventy Five Years" of Rotary in Lincoln.

16 March 1922 - Exploratory Meeting Great Northern Hotel
2 June 1922 - Preliminary meeting to select initial members
13 July 1922 - First lunch at the Albion Hotel
13 December 1922 - Chartered
23 November 1923 - Club Charter presented
January 1924 - The Dean invited representatives to the Guildhall to consider forming a branch of The English Speaking Union
February 1928 - Special Rotary Service broadcast from Lincoln Cathedral
4 January 1932 - Ladies invited for the first time to New Years Lunch
5 March 1935 - Our assistance required in forming a Round Table in Lincoln
October 1939 - Instruction received from RIBI that National Service was to be regarded as good and sufficient reason for Club non-attendance!
November 1953 -Club became involved in formation of The Lincoln Civic Trust. December 1961. Club held it`s first Carol Festival
1978 - Formalisation of Club Twinning with Neustadt Rotary Club
2000 - First Lady Members admitted to Lincoln Rotary Club


The club meets on Mondays at
The County Assembly Rooms,
76 Bailgate, Lincoln.

Maps available at multimap.com.



3 July 2017
Handover 2017 more...

3 July 2017
Visitor from USA more...

21 June 2017
Lincolnshire Show more...

view all news headlines...
Terms & Conditions All site design and content except Rotary devices copyright © Phoenix Creative 2006. All rights reserved.